CALS Relocation Reimbursement Policy:
CALS policy will be to use the Employee Relocation Award to pay for costs associated with a relocation.
We will no longer reimburse direct expenses, which requires receipts to support costs and separates direct and indirect costs of the move.
- An Employee Relocation Award is a lump sum, one-time, tax reportable payment to an employee in lieu of reimbursing the employee’s expenses or directly paying vendors for the costs associated with the employee’s relocation including travel costs and temporary lodging.
- The intent is the Employee Relocation Award to be the only payment made by the University related to the employee’s relocation.
- An Employee Relocation Award is made through the University’s reimbursement process not more than 30 days in advance of the employee’s relocation (move) date.
- The payment of an Employee Relocation Award does not require receipts; but instead requires the Relocation Authorization Letter (link found below) be attached to the reimbursement request.
- Please see the detailed Campus policy which can be found at the link below.
CALS will provide a stipend of up to $5,000 for new faculty moving expenses. A department may wish to provide an additional stipend and are free to do so.