- No-cost extensions can be granted by a sponsor to allow project directors more time to meet their objectives.
- A no-cost extension must be requested before the end date of an award.
- Submit requests to the CALS Research Division at least one month before the end of an award.
No-Cost Extension Request Process
- No-cost extension requests should be routed through CALS and UW-Madison Research and Sponsored Programs for review/approval prior to submission to the sponsor.
- Requests should be prepared on departmental letterhead including the following information:
- Agency project number
- Principal investigator name
- Project title
- UW-Madison fund-account number
- Award period (begin and end dates)
- New requested end date
- PI contact information
- Signatures from the principal investigator, Dean’s office, and RSP
- Clear justification statement
- Summary of progress to date
- Estimate of funds remaining
- Timetable for completion