Please Join Us At The Travel Transition Virtual Open House!
- Three Open House dates: June 11, 17, and July 16
- Frequent travelers and coordinators will learn about upcoming travel changes and participate in a Q&A.
- Open to all UW System Employees
- Registration here: https://www.wisconsin.edu/travel/2020/06/02/travel-tagency-transition-open-house/
Travel Service Changes Still Set for July 1
- UW System continues to prepare for the launch of new travel vendors on July 1, despite the impact of COVID-19 on the UW System. We are still on track to switch to Travel Inc. for individual travel and to Shorts Travel Management for athletic travel by July 1.
- COVID-19 has affected progress on policy changes. UW System will release minor policy changes, called “travel policy lite,” this summer covering items like receipt requirements, lodging options and prepayment, passport expensing, and more. We will present more robust policy changes the first part of 2021, but continued effects of COVID-19 on the UW System could alter that timeline.
- UW System continues to work on a solution for unused tickets stemming from the travel restrictions. We are working with our airline and travel agency vendors to determine the most seamless and cost- effective solution.
SFS Expense Reimbursement System Updates
- New Expense Types:
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Printing and Publications
- The following expense types will only require that you fill out the “Merchant” field (no “Preferred/Non-Preferred Merchant” selection):
- Lodging Group
- Lodging Individual
- Relocation-Temporary Lodging
- Travel Miscellaneous
Check out the new UW TravelWIse website (wisconsin.edu/travel) and acquaint yourself with the new navigation. Remember to contact your CALS travel change representatives with any questions:
Brandon Blackburn – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ellen Anlauf – email@example.com
Terry Meyer – firstname.lastname@example.org