Starting next week, e-Reimbursement will include a notification for all users – Alternates, Travelers, Approvers and Auditors – if the traveler is not an authorized driver. The notification for the Alternate/Traveler will look like this:
The notification for the Approver/Auditor will look like this:
- This is just a notification, not a hard stop. You will still be able to submit and approve reports even if you receive this message.
- This notification will show up for non-employees as well as for employees. Non-employees are not required to be authorized drivers unless they are volunteers or students. You can ignore this message for non-employees who are not students or volunteers.
- Alternates, Approvers and Auditors can rely on this warning message. They will no longer be required to access the driver authorization database to check if the traveler is authorized. Please note, however:
- The notification is not date-driven. It checks if the traveler is currently an authorized driver, not if they were an authorized driver at the time of the expense. It will be possible for a traveler to get authorized after-the-fact, which will clear this notification.
- Even though the notification will clear it is critical that travelers be authorized prior to operating a vehicle on University business. This is necessary in order for the driver to secure applicable State of WI secondary automobile liability coverage for personal or rental vehicle use.
- The notification shows up for the following expense types: Gas for Vehicle Rental, Mileage, and Vehicle Rental.
- More information on getting authorized can be found here: https://businessservices.wisc.edu/managing-risk/driver-authorization-and-insurance/driver-authorization/.
- Matching the driver authorization database to the HRS database was a manual process. If you encounter any false positives (e.g. the notification shows for someone who is actually an authorized driver), let Graig Brooks know.